"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;"
(Colossians 3:23 KJV)
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
(Philippians 4:13 KJV)
..."From the beginning, God instituted work. 'Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it' (Genesis 2:15). The very first thing the Lord did with Adam was to put him to work for his own benefit. It was not a curse. However, after the fall of Adam, work was included in the curse and was made more difficult. Work is so important to our daily lives that God commanded us to, 'work six days' (Exodus 34:21). In the New Testament, Paul was even more direct concerning work: 'If anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either' (2 Thessalonians 3:10). God's Word implies that there is dignity in all types of work. It does not elevate one honest profession above another. Jobs are not merely tasks whereby workers can earn money; they are also a means by which workers can use their talents and abilities to develop character—godly character.
The life of Daniel as recorded in the biblical book of Daniel
illustrates eight characteristics that made him a good ...'
"1) Work as if working for the Lord. We actually are serving the Lord in our work;(Ecclesiastes 9:10)...
2) Be honest. Employees should not give cause for their employers ever to question or doubt their honesty...
3) Be faithful. Godly employees need to establish goals of being faithful and excellent in their work and work habits...
4) Be a person of prayer...
5) Honor employer...(1 Peter 2:18).
6) Honor fellow employees. Wherever there are employees there will inevitably be office politics...
7) Verbalize his or her faith. Daniel verbalized his faith in God to those around him...
8) Hard work must be balanced by other primary priorities of life: relationship with Christ, spouse, and family...
The most important question people can ask every day is, 'For whom do I work?' If the answer is anything or anyone other than the Lord, the biblical principles of work are not being applied. God's Word has given some very direct principles concerning work that all Christians should know and observe." Extracted from the Web: "Biblical Perspective of Work," Crown Financial Ministries, author not named.
We invite you to our church services on Sunday morning (9:30 AM) and Worship Service at (10:30 AM) Then again Sunday evening (6:00 PM) for Bible Study along with AWANA for children (September through May) which goes until 7:30 PM. Wednesday evening (7:00 PM) for Prayer Meeting and Bible Study. We love visitors and would enjoy meeting you and telling you about Our Awesome God!
Flo & Bill